Sunday, May 27, 2012

Family

Being home is sometimes strange.  Yet this past week, I've had many opportunities to recognize the greatest blessing of being home... being with my family.

These are the people who realize just how crazy I am. Though my mother often thinks I'm perfect, it hasn't taken till now for her to be reminded of many of my flaws.  My brothers and I don't always get along. Life isn't golden every hour of the day.  Yet I have enjoyed, so very much, the time that I've had with my family these past two weeks (can you believe I've been home for that long).

We've had the chance to celebrate my brothers 25th birthday, and my dad's 50th. We've had pizza night and ice cream night.  My family has re-watched a few of their favorite movies from the past year so that I can see them, including over 4 hours last Wednesday to get in both halves of Harry Potter 7.  They taught me how to play Risk and slaughtered me both times we played (though I did do much better the second time).

It's been just two weeks. Sometimes it feels long, sometimes short. Yet in that time, regardless of it's apparent length, I have had the chance to just be with my family.  To get mad at people, or have people get mad at me, over a silly game of Phase 10. To have my dad take care of me after nearly passing out.  To talk.  I love my family, even if, and perhaps because, they get on my nerves every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment