Saturday, May 5, 2018

#38 - I have lost count

At the end of 2016, I challenged myself to record 1000 miracles to go along with the (at the time) new name of my blog. I successfully recorded up to #37. Around that time, life started to be really busy and really wonderful and I just never found the time to sit down and write about the miracles I was seeing every day.

You may remember I've done this once before and was heartbroken to only find time to write about the wonderfulness after it was over. I didn't want to only write about my new miracles and wonderful experiences once they were over, especially because I'm planning on this never being over. So, for a long while, I kept a list of miracles that I needed to write about with the good intention of sitting down and writing them all. But I've since lost the list and lost count of how many miracles I needed to write about. I'm just going to pick up with where I left off.

Today's miracle is the fact that I have lost count of the number of miracles in my life. To lose count of something, you generally have quite a lot of it. For example, I cross-stitch and have successfully completed 2 projects. I'm not going to just lose count and forget that I've only completed 2 projects. My great-grandmother, on the other hand, has a house filled with beautiful pieces she has completed and I know she has given some away as gifts. She may have lost count of how many she has done.

I sat down and thought about how many miracles I have experienced since I last posted something and I can't count them. The miracle is the reminder that I am not limited to 1000 miracles. Every day, I receive so much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment