Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Museum of Art

For class this past week, instead of having a normal class period the class took a tour of one of the exhibits at the schools Museum or Art. We toured the exhibit Types and Intimations, which is filled with works that depict Christ and the Atonement in some way. We also attended this exhibit last semester. I happened to write a very long blog post then on what was, at the time, my favorite painting in the exhibit. I'm not sure if it is still my favorite or not. I still really like the painting and it still means a lot to me, but my life since then has developed in ways I didn't expect.

If you would like to read a long post on my experiences at the exhibit last time, it was published November of 2009, feel free to read it. This post is going to be a bit different though. Unlike most prompts, this one had no word limit. So it's going to be much shorter than the other posts. For once, I don't really want to tell the world want I think, because I stopped thinking and finally let myself respond to the work through feeling.

My eyes were opened, I recognized vital truths in life that I've always known but have a tendency to forget. Everyone suffers, we all have hard lives. Most people spend all day trying just to make it through. However, if we stop and give just a bit of time to something else, to someone else, we are giving more than our time. To make that small sacrifice and to give up something for another person means that we are giving ourselves fully to Christ. We are showing him that we love him in the only way we can, by doing what He asks us.

No comments:

Post a Comment