Monday, November 1, 2010

Magandang Araw!

November 1, 2010


That means "Good Day" in Tagalog. Tagalog is officially the funniest language in the world. A few reasons why include the fact that araw (day) rhymes with the word cow, ng is both a letter and a word, the word diyan sounds something like jen, and the word Hi is Kumusta (nearly 4 times as long). But I've really loved learning it so far. It's the hardest thing I think I've ever done but it's so worth it.

I'm totally loving the MTC. The people here are super nice, our zone is huge, and so many of us are going to Iloilo (my mission). 28 new missionaries came in on Wednesday, so there are a ton of us all on the same page. Life is kinda crazy, and the schedule is way strict, but that almost helps make it more fun. We spend most of our time laughing or rambling in unintelligible, poorly pronounced Tagalog.

To finish off- here is the most important thing I think I've learned while being here: Alam ko po na totoo ang simbahan ni JesuCristo ng mga banal sa mga huling araw. Alam ko po na tunay na propeta ng Diyos si Joseph Smith. Nagpapasalamat ako na Aklat ni Mormon. (I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I know that Joseph Smith is a real prophet of God. I am thankful for the Book of Mormon)

Mahalakita!
(I Love you!)

1 comment:

  1. Elora, I loved reading this blog! I'm so happy that you're making it up there learning this crazy new language. I hope your adventures are just beginning! :)

    ReplyDelete