Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Speaking

November 15, 2010

This week has been pretty great, other than the fact that it's cold and rainy. But ignoring the weather, I had the opportunity to teach again, which was a little easier than last week, I got to speak in church on Sunday, and I got 4 letters just on Monday and it made me feel super special.

So- the most exciting thing, speaking in church. At the MTC, the branch president announces the topic of the following week, everyone is supposed to prepare something, and we don't find out who speaks till after church has started. This week I was called on. The topic was faith in Jesus Christ, something I've been studying a lot since I've come into the MTC. I walked up to the pulpit, shaking like I leaf, and started to speak. I'm really glad I didn't pass out.

I spoke of how faith in Christ is a form of confidence. It is having the confidence that you can do something despite your inadequacies because you will receive the help that you need. Confidence that no matter how hard it is, you can make it through because He is with you. Faith is displayed through our diligence. When we have faith that God will help us through our trials, we also need to diligently press through our trials and try to overcome them. He can't help us if we sit on our rears and wait for the trial to go away. That was what my talk was on. I finished with a short testimony in Tagalog- Alam ko po na mahal ako ng Diyos dahil sa ang anak siya ako. (I know that God loves me because I am his child)

Mahal Kita!

No comments:

Post a Comment