Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WOW!

April 17, 2011

Time goes so fast when you only have an hour to email everyone you want to email!
This week has been a pretty exciting week, it's definitely had it's ups and downs like all the other weeks, but it's been worth it. I've begun to find it interesting how ups and downs in a given week are often both caused by the same thing. This week, once again, it was language. One of these days I'll understand this language and stop mentioning it. Until then, my apologies for the frequent references to it. However, it plays a huge role in everything I do. Without it, I can't talk to anyone, or understand anyone. With it, I've been blessed with the opportunity to change peoples lives. With simple words that I'm finally starting to understand and be able to easily use, I'm able to tell people about the unique messaged I've been called to share.

As a missionary, I get to share the Restoration with people. I get to tell people that God loves us and speaks to people today through a living prophet. He has prepared the way for us to return to him. All we have to do is follow that path. It takes more than just faith that there is a way- we actually have to follow it.

In addition to this, I've been blessed to be in this world. The Philippines is so interesting. It's a place in which Crayola's Sky Blue crayon really describes the color of the sky, the sunsets appear painted in the heavens, and obnoxious roosters decide to wake me up at 3 am. It's a place where the smiles are genuine and beautiful, regardless of how many teeth the person has. It's a place in which city and field both exist side-by-side. It's a place that I love, and one of these day's... I'm really going to miss it. That day is so far away though, for now I'll just focus on the time I have here.

Palangga Ko Kamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment