Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hello Everyone!

July 10, 2011

This week has been quite and adventure. Between the weather, appointments, and working with the branch members I've experienced many successes and many days where I was really glad to fall asleep at night and let the day be over. The weather this week has been turning on and off like a child playing with a light switch. Hot and Sunny one minute, super Windy and Rainy the next. The investigators have been acting much the same way, some people nice and sunny and others giving us the cold shoulder. Then the members are just awesome and it's always a blessing to work with them.
Now, for a continuation of a previous blog post:

The Path, Continued
A few weeks ago I related my adventures of the week to the path that each of us walk in life. Due to the experience, I focused on how we sometimes walk dangerous, muddy, paths and we need to be extra careful in order to stay on our feet. This week, I want to focus more on the path when it's straight, paved, and appears easy before us.

Walking home from Zone Meeting last week seemed to be a simple, safe task. The way between the church and the main road is completely paved, free of dirt and stones, and easy to walk. With all my skill and talent, I somehow managed to find the slippery spot in the road and once again ended up on my rear end, this time injuring my arm as it banged against the curb. I stood up and my companion and I continued home. The event isn't quite as exciting as the last, the fall not as spectacular, the injury not as deep, yet I still fell.

In our lives, we still fall. We can be doing all we can to make sure that we stay safe and take the correct path. Even at the best of times, when we are doing all we can and there seems to be nothing to stop us, there can be hidden slippery spots that cause us to fall short of our expectations of ourselves and need to start the repentance and healing process all over again. We have to remember to keep watch even when the path seems easy, because those mistakes and slippery spots are least expected and very sudden. If I wanted to, I could have complained about how it's unfair for me to fall when I'm doing everything right and staying in the safest area I can. But I realized that a fall is a fall, not matter where it happens, and the best solution is really just to stand back up and keep going.

Just another thought
Palangga Ko Kamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment