Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Becoming Better

I've been analyzing my life the past few weeks and have concluded that I'm doing a pretty decent job.  I've maintained healthy habits, an effective study schedule, a somewhat-effective sleep schedule, and I'm trying hard to be a better friend.  Yet I've decided that I can become better.  There are little simple things I can do to improve life even more.  I can cut down sugar intake, increase exercise, turn my thoughts more toward Christ, and strive to love people around me even more.  I can do better, so I will.  I hereby recommit myself to live a better life.  I don't plan on jumping into this and change completely who I am today, that feels a little unreasonable. Instead, I plan on changing just one thing a day, or even one thing a week.   I would like to invite you along on this journey with me......

I feel like I am using the word I too often.  Admittedly, this is a very introspective blog, so the word I is somewhat required, especially since this is a pledge to change my life.  Yet the intent is not to focus on me.  I want to be a better person in order to be closer to God and better able to serve him.  Though I seem to be doing well compared to the standard college student, am I doing well enough to maintain my ability to serve God throughout my life?  My intent is to tell you of my journey to become better and the effect it has on life.  Maybe this will inspire you to see something you can do better, maybe you will just learn a new recipe as I share healthy (but student-affordable) recipes that I discover in my journey.  

This week- I decided to become a little healthier by switching from 2% milk to 1% milk.  This change was slightly forced upon me because the store was out of 2% milk when I went shopping last night. Unfortunately, the difference in taste is really distinct, but hopefully it will become more enjoyable.  Let's see how this goes.

Please join me in Becoming Better

2 comments:

  1. NO SUGAR!!!! It is so bad for you... You are great Lils! I should become better too...

    ReplyDelete