Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Finally April

 It is finally April! I'm so excited.  April is 3 days old and it has already been so much fun.  For starters, I would like to inform the world that I successfully completed the Lazy-Iron-Man.  Throughout the month of March, I swam 2.4 miles, biked 112, and ran 26.2.  I did it... and I got a free t-shirt out of it, as pictured.

I feel very accomplished and much healthier.  I can make it all the way across the pool once without stopping and about half the way back. (If I have fins on I can make it back and forth twice).  I can also bike about 16 miles in an hour on a stationary bike while reading a book.  I have no idea if I've lost weight, I didn't check it before and I don't know what it is now.  I do feel, however, that I am more toned than I was before.  I have had to start using my belt more often... and my swimsuit feels to big, which worries me when I'm swimming fast.  It just always feels like it will slide off my shoulders, but that might just be a result of the swimsuit being really old.  I'll have to get a new one for when I take this class again next semester.  My goal for next semester is to complete the 500 (10 laps) without fins.

Well, that was the end of March.  April started off great! My roommate and I woke up super early to pull April Fools day jokes on friends in the apartment complex.  My favorite was filling up someones care with newspaper.  We also switched out a guys entire wardrobe with girls clothes.  Of course, these two individuals have both declared revenge.  This should make the rest of April pretty exciting.

Life is about laughter and I am so grateful that I have friends who allow such laughter, even mischievous April Fool's Day laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment