Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Colors

The past few weeks, I've been a little obsessed with the color throughout the world.  This is one reason I love Spring so much.  Not only does the coldness go away, but the nature bursts into laughter in the form of a million flowers.

I have always been a big fan of looking for those little things in life that make you smile.  Color is one of those things.  A bright green car, radiant flowers, sunlight through leaves, the sky, yellow rain boots, shiny tail-lights, and everything else colorful and alive just makes me want to smile.  These things pop into your eyesight, declaring "I'm not afraid to be seen, I'm not afraid of what I am."


I want to be a more colorful person. By this, I don't mean the style and color of clothing I wear, it's generally pretty colorful on it's own...unless it is one of my many black t-shirts that make some sort of astronomy joke.     I want to be colorful like a flower is colorful.  It's a matter of becoming something that isn't afraid to be seen. A flower knows what it is and is proud of it.  It opens up, admitting it is fragile and imperfect, yet not ashamed of this.

I am unique, bright, fragile, and most certainly imperfect.  I'm completely obsessed with stars and watches.  Sometimes, I'm afraid others might disapprove of my obsession or judge me on my imperfection.  But the world would be very dull if only the most perfect flowers bloomed.  So, as I prepare for a new move and a new job, this is what I shall strive to remember.  There is nothing wrong with being fragile.  I'm allowed to be a little obsessed.  I don't need to be afraid.





No comments:

Post a Comment