Saturday, July 9, 2016

Swedish Adventures: Day 1

Admittedly, today's adventures were not very Swedish. But the vacation has officially begun! I flew out to California last night so that I might first spend a weekend with my brother and his family in their new home.

My flight arrived around 12:30 last night. My brother picked me up and brought me to their house and I headed off to sleep pretty soon after. I then woke up just before 8 because the sun was up and my nephew was awake so why stay asleep.

The morning began with the grand tour of the house and breakfast. Next, we played around with my brother's virtual reality headset.  This was followed by a long walk trying to shake off the lingering motion sickness.

The afternoon was spent at the zoo.  We had so much fun. My nephew is getting Old enough to notice and find interest in the animals.  My favorite was the fruit bats in which he repeatedly waved and said "hi", waiting for a response. (He didn't do this with any other animal- just the bats). Just outside the zoo is a park designed to look like animals: elephant slide, turtle to climb, etc.  It's a rare opportunity to take a picture of you nephew crawling in a hippos mouth. Pictures to come- as soon as I can figure out how to do so from my phone...


No comments:

Post a Comment