Wednesday, February 15, 2017

#29 - Blue Mornings

For those of you who have been following along, you may have noticed I have an aversion to winter. Other miracles I have so far listed included Roses in November (implying winter hasn't started yet), rain (meaning it's not snowing), being warm inside while it was snowing outside, and more flowers which make me feel like it is springtime in my house (these flowers smell incredible).

I am grateful for these many miracles, but they paint a clear image for my distaste to the cold weather.  Today is along these same lines. I go to work at 7 AM, and for the last many months, my drive has been cold and dark...and sometimes snowy. 

After all my wishing for winter to be over, today was a reminder that winter will always end. It doesn't matter how cold and dark it gets. Regardless of how much snow builds up on the ground, winter ends and the world warms up again. 

As I drove to work, the sky was a clear, pre-sunrise blue. My world is being filled with light again, even if it's just for the 10 minutes it takes me to get to work each morning. It's not yet a full, bright sunrise. The clouds are obviously still covered in snow. But the gradual change from winter to summer has begun and I'm starting to see the signs of it. 

Sometimes, the changes in our life are really sudden and unpredictable. I find these super sudden changes are usually the changes that I never wished happened.  In November, I posted about the roses still blooming. Two days later it began to snow.  It was a quick and sudden end to the vain hope that summer, or at least perhaps fall, could last forever. 

Often, the changes in our life are slow and gradual. This is often the recovery from previously mentioned sudden changes. I wish summer came as quickly as winter did, but the snow melts slowly. The light returns gradually. The world warms up again. And then I discover, just as God promised me in Miracle #6, the scars that were covered and numb under the snow have faded.




No comments:

Post a Comment