Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

October 31, 2011

I don't really get much of a Halloween this year. Although the stores sell costumes and it's listed on their calendars, it doesn't really exist the way it does in America. A member even admitted to us yesterday that the stuff set up in the stores are just props and that no one really pays any attention to Halloween. They just start celebrating Christmas in September. So, to let everyone know about my super exciting week.
Monday- We had a wonderful FHE with a family in the branch. Unexpectedly, several of their less-active nieces and nephews came as well. As a result of the lesson we taught about committing ourselves fully to whatever we decide to do, the nieces and nephews spent the rest of the night trying telling each other they ought to be going to church. It's funny how they all realize how important it is but none of them ever act on it.
Tuesday- The highlight of Tuesday was finding a ladder. Now you may be thinking, why do we need a ladder- and I'll tell you. My companion and I have really been wanting to head outside at night after we've gotten ready for bed but before bed time to look at the stars. Our house however, has several trees around it that block out a large portion of the sky. We decided that getting on the roof would improve our ability to see the stars. So we borrowed a members ladder and went star gazing after nightly planning. It was awesome. I really miss night time. Going from nocturnal to missionary was a very hard adjustment and I miss my stars.
Wednesday we did a service project for the previous branch president. We pulled weeds, got sunburnt, and had a fun time talking to his nephews who were all visiting (the oldest of which was 11)
Thursday- October 27th. One year as a missionary. Strange, huh? I don't like it, this means I don't have much time left. Not nearly as much as I want.
Friday- Nothing really exciting happened on Friday. I got sick, took some medicine, and then went out to work anyways because we had really important appointments.
The weekend was more missionary work- finding people to teach, teaching people, and keeping super busy. The word Saturday over the past year has completely lost it's meaning as a special day of the week. It's just one more day that we head out and do work. I literally don't have any days off- but that's okay with me, what I'm doing is far to fun to spend one day not doing it.

Palangga Ko Kamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment