Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting Sick

January 8, 2012

This Thursday was a little unique compared to most Thursdays. Normally, Thursday morning starts with personal study, then we have weekly planning, lunch, and head out to work. I didn't really do any of that this week. At least not on Thursday. I woke up sick, and despite trying my best, had to lay back down about half way through personal study and didn't really get out of bed for the rest of the morning. I stayed home for the day with another sister who was also sick, while my companion and her's went out to work. Around noon I started to feel well enough that I didn't want to just lay in bed and do nothing, but I was still not feeling well enough to do much. So, I decided to finish reading Jesus the Christ, by James E. Talmage. I have been working on this book for quite a while now, it's not one of those books you can read quickly. However, between the hours of noon and three, I managed to finally finish it!

The opportunity I had to finish reading this book gave me a great opportunity to reflect on all that Christ has done for us. My reading took my through the last week of his life, his death, resurrection, and what he has done since then. I know that he suffered for us, and not just for our sins. He suffered every sin and every temptation. He suffered the punishment for these sins. He even experienced every illness, heartache, and trial that we face in this life. And he did all of this for us, so that we might have comfort through our sorrows, and help through our challenges. He suffered so that he might understand us perfectly and, therefore, know perfectly what we need in our times of trouble. My "day off" provided me with the opportunity to really reflect on all that he has done for us and remember again how great his love is for us.

I know that not all of you who will read this are Latter-day-saints, maybe not all of you are even Christian. But no matter who you are or what you believe, I want you to know that Heavenly Father loves you, he loves you so perfectly that he sent his son, Jesus Christ, here to earth for you. We don't have to walk through life alone. It's hard, yes, that's what it's meant to be. But someone has walked to path before us and is willing to walk it again with us if we will but choose to keep walking.

Palangga Ko Kamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment