Sunday, January 22, 2012

Life is sometimes a little crazy

January 22, 2012

Another week has come and gone. End result- I'm still alive!

The week was actually really good, along with being way insane. We've had tons of appointments this week, as well as interviews with our mission president. In addition to this, I had to give a talk in church on Sunday, which stressed me out as always, and I've been trying to finalize lesson plans because I've been asked to give the lesson in district meeting. (a weekly meeting of missionaries to help us improve teaching skill and such- I teach tomorrow and am more than terrified).

One experience I'd love to share about has been teaching Sister Joy. (This is not the same Joy I mentioned several months ago when I was in Oton). At the beginning of the week, Sister Joy had just finished learning about the Restoration of the Gospel. We arrived to teach her the next lesson and the first thing she said to us was "Magpabunyag ako sa Feb 5" (I will be baptized on Feb 5). This is probably the first time I've ever had a relatively new investigator tell me when they were going to be baptized, and it's definitely the first time it's happened without having been invited to be baptized. She's way excited for it though and is willing to have us visit every day so that she can learn everything she needs to know before her baptism. I'm not yet sure if she'll actually be baptized on the date she's given herself, but she's willing to work her hardest to be prepared for that day.

Amo dya ang kabuhi ko kedya, ihamble ko lang kun magbago tana.
ps- palangga ko kamo man.

No comments:

Post a Comment