Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sick Again!

March 18, 2012

I've managed to get sick again.  It seems to be a regular part of my life as a missionary.  It's just a cough, but it's interesting how much a simple cough can wear one out when they are trying to go out and walk all over Kalibo every day.  

Anyways- this week was really great. we had a few days where we had basically no lessons the whole day. The funny thing about it is that all of our investigators were busy for the same reason. On Wednesday, all of our investigators were at a meeting at the near by school that didn't get out till 5. So, we had lessons after 5, but until then we were going from house to house trying to find anyone who was home.  Friday, for some reason beyond my understanding, they all decided to go to Iloilo.  I asked around to see what was going on in Iloilo, there must be something exciting because everyone was there, but I couldn't figure out what it was.  Yesterday (sunday) they just all weren't home.  My companion has a theory for this one.  While at church, many of the members who heard me speak in my lovely raspy voice offered their advice on how I can most quickly get better.  Most of them told me to not worry about appointments but to go home and rest and visit them today.  Today is Preparation Day- the only day we don't visit investigators- so that wasn't really an option. I felt like I was doing okay so I told my companion that we would head out and work anyways.  No one was home. We thought of a few other people we could visit, like members who hadn't been at church.  None of them were home either.  My companion turned to me and told me it was a sign from Heavenly Father that I really ought to be resting so I can get better.  So we went home, ate spaghetti, and enjoyed the evening resting. It was probably a good thing, I'm feeling significantly better now, but I'm still on mission-presidents orders to visit a doctor.  That's really all for the week, so I'm going to head off now and get healthy, hopefully.

bukon kamo masakit man, palihog!

No comments:

Post a Comment