Monday, March 26, 2012

End of March

March 25, 2012

Since I've transferred to Kalibo, I've told every one that I have three months left of my mission. Last night someone asked me again, then asked specifically what months. I told them March, April, and May. They laughed at me and pointed out that March is over. I say it's still March so I still have three months left of my mission. I know- I'm kinda stubborn.
Anyways- It's been another great week.  One of the members invited us over for "Language Study" and we had a great time learning Aklanon.  It's fun stuff. It doesn't feel as hard as everyone says it is, the only difficult thing is remembering to us it. It so much easier to not think and speak Hiligaynon.  We also spent a morning helping our Bishop (the local church leader) and his family pull weeds in their front yard.  I love doing service work, it's just very relaxing.

Last night, we had a chance to go over to the home of the Couple missionaries (an older couple who is also serving in Kalibo, typical missionaries are individuals in their early 20's).   We had a short spiritual message and delicious food.  The message was about noticing the tender mercies of the Lord.  Tender Mercies are different from typical blessings in their timing.  Blessings are given to us every day, the food we eat, the homes we live in, etc.  Tender mercies are those special blessings that come to us just at the right time.  It is the way we really feel the Lord's love for us.  They are not just random or mere coincidence, these are the little things that make our day and lift our spirits when we feel warn out.  The opportunity to eat with the older missionaries was, for me, a tender mercy.  Sunday morning started at a rushed pace and from there I never felt like I really had a chance to relax.  Like most Sundays, I had a retched headache and it wasn't helped by one of the members children deciding to be extra load throughout Sunday school class.  I had already known about the dinner appointment, so it wasn't a huge surprise.  The blessing came from walking into their house and being greeted with the smell of fresh muffins, chicken soup, and warm smiles.  It was a very simple meal, a very simple lesson, but it's timing touched my spirit, calmed my nerves, and left me with the reminder that Heavenly Father knows when I will have bad days and has already planned how to help me through them.

Kilala Niya ikaw kag palangga Niya ikaw. Importanta ka Kana.

No comments:

Post a Comment