Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Most Marvelous March

March has begun and it couldn't be better.  It's been a little crazy and busy, but splendid.  In the past two and a half days (since we are only at noon of March 3rd) I have been offered a research position at a national observatory, received an incredible movie in the mail (and watched said movie with a good friend), had two productive days of work, and prepared dinner for 100+ people in an hour with the assistance of the best committee in the world. Life has been good, and it will keep getting better.

For the month of March, I've committed myself to regular exercise. I have done this by signing up for the school's "Lazy Iron Man." An Iron Man is 2.4 miles swimming, 112 miles biking, and 26.2 miles running.  A Lazy Iron Man is taking those same distances and completing them in a month's time.  I have a grid with little boxes for each of those miles and have so far checked off 8 miles on the bike and 1 running.  Hopefully, this activity provides a kick start for regular exercise throughout the rest of the spring and summer. 

As with my attempt to whiten my teeth, the best way to know how much this made life better is to figure out where I am now and compare that to where I am in a month.   I'm not concerned about weight because I'm not over weight, losing weight isn't something people should be worried about.  I just want to be in shape.  Current shape: I can run approximately 2/5th of a mile before I feel like I can't breath anymore and have to walk.  I usually wear a size 10 in dress sizes and though I don't anticipate losing weight, I do hope that getting in shape helps me to be more toned and possibly drop a dress size.  So- Let's see where I am come April!

No comments:

Post a Comment