Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Finally Spring

For those who know me well, you know that I am not a winter person.  I do not like cold! Winter lasts too long, the wind bits at your face, it makes your eyes water, your nose runs, snow gets in your shoes and then your socks are wet.  I enjoy snow and skiing and such, but I prefer winter to be something I visit for a weekend and then go back more tolerable temperatures.

But it's March! (just in case you hadn't noticed yet).  When I woke up yesterday and came into the kitchen for breakfast, I realized the birds were singing again.  Pausing, listening for several minutes, craving that noise I haven't heard for months, I felt so blessed just to be there in that moment.  It was a wonderful way to begin another week of school.

Today began a little differently.  By the time I got up, there was too much movement both in and out of the house to hear the birds.  When my alarm first went off at 8, I decided my 9 am class was not enticing enough to draw me out of bed.  I turned off my alarm and slept till nearly 10:30.  No opportunity to hear the birds, but an equally wonderful way to start a school day.

And I still remembered to floss, I'm so proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment