Monday, July 22, 2013

Something to do

The challenge I made myself has finally become rather challenging.  Throughout the weekend, my parents were visiting and we were either out and about and busy or at home talking to each other.  If I ever felt the desire to play Candy Crush, I would just close my laptop and talk more with my parents.  

They left yesterday, and as fate would have it, I'm not feeling well today.  I came home from work early and spent the entire afternoon switching between reading, watching netflix, and trying to take a nap.  Around 3:30, I hadn't yet managed to actually take a nap and I was too tired to keep reading.  Checking my 13 Candy Crush requests was starting to look pretty tempting.  I thought of all my back up plans: play guitar- I gave it to my parents to take home since I only have 3 weeks left that should be busy and I don't want to have to deal with it on the plane; Blog- not feeling up to writing; work on a book- again, not feeling up to writing (not even feeling up to reading).

Options exhausted, I did the only thing I could do.  I closed my laptop, rolled over in bed, and tried again to fall asleep.  It finally worked...for about an hour longer than I intended.  I'm going to have trouble falling asleep tonight.  However, it's 5:30 and, despite already having been home for 6 hours, I still have not played Candy Crush.  I just have about 6 more to go... I need to find something to do. More netflix maybe?

1 comment:

  1. So- what have I found to do? I talked with my roommate for an hour and then found this site: http://mashable.com/2013/07/08/ted-talks-change-your-life/

    It's 15 really inspiring TED talks. Great way to spend time and find new was to become better

    ReplyDelete