Tuesday, July 16, 2013

This will be hard

It is time I buckle down and finally take up the challenge of the habit I've been avoiding.  Instead of developing a new habit, I'm going to un-develop a habit that is wasting far too much time.  I meant to write this up Sunday, but I was reluctant and felt like procrastinating and was certain I would think of something else that I could call my habit this week.  However, I need to do this... I need to quit Candy Crush. At least for a little bit.

When I first came up the mountain, I was spending a little too much time playing Bejeweled Blitz.  I decided to cut back, but I had no clear cut plan on how.  As a result, I felt bored, found a new game, and now spend all my time on it.  I'm kinda back where I started, but I'm going to do better this time.  Here is my plan:

1- My fault last time was that I went from one game to another; therefore, I am abstaining from all internet games.  I'm still going to allow myself to play other stuff on my computer (like solitaire) but nothing which requires me to be connected to the internet.

2- Since there is so much I'm not letting myself do, I need something to take up my time.  Instead, I shall do one of three things: Pick up my guitar and learn and/or write a new song, Pull out my notebook and get started on a book that I've decided to write, or Blog. You might here from me a lot this week, but that's okay, because I have lots of things about which I've been meaning to write.

3- To reward myself, should I succeed in completing the week as planned (and I will make myself do an entire week- that means all the way till next Tuesday) I will let myself buy ice cream.  This seems like an adequate reward, it's been a few weeks since I've had ice cream.  Any suggestions which flavor I should buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment