Thursday, November 20, 2014

6 for 14- #8 Do Something on my Bucket List

I thought this would be a difficult one, since most of my bucket list is filled with things like "see ice skating at the Olympics" or "ski in the Alps" or other such foreign adventures.  Fortunately, a handful of things on that list can still be done in this country and I have managed to do one of them, definitely didn't expect to at the beginning of this year.

So, just a few weekends ago (I'm getting a little better at posting quickly), I went out with my boyfriend and his sister and her husband and shot a gun!  It was super exciting, and I can't think of too many better things to do the night before one goes to take the Physics GRE.  I mean, really, at that point, further studying is only going to stress me out more.  So, when offered the opportunity to instead take out my anxiety on the little orange targets with a 22 rifle, I figured, why not!  I even managed to hit the little orange target on my third try.

I also had the chance to shoot a 9 mm hand gun...I prefer the 22.  I don't feel like it's trying to jump out of my hands each time I pull the trigger.  And by the time I was shooting the hand gun I had shot down all the targets so I had nothing specific at which to shoot, so I felt more like I was just wasting bullets.

And don't worry, I still did just fine on the GRE...I think, I haven't actually received my score yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment