Monday, May 23, 2016

Hard days

So - I may have said that I don't like writing depressing posts, but there may be several over the next few weeks.  Writing is therapeutic for me.  I have to get the thoughts out or they just circle around in my head driving me mad.

Today was a hard day.  I had to fill out paperwork to sell the contract for the apartment he and I were supposed to live in together.  I got a call informing me that my dress arrived and I needed to come in for a fitting.  And I spent my first day back home - in the place filled with memories which now cause only heartache.

However, today was, in a strange way, really good.  I was reminded, both today and throughout the weekend, that I am still surrounded by people who love me.  In 24 hours, my previous post was read more times than anything I have ever posted.  Sure - it was just over 200, nothing viral...but that means over 200 people love me enough to read it - and many even took the time to respond.

My coworkers took care of me today.  It was just those little things like saying hi and chatting with me, and inviting me over after work so I wouldn't be home alone in an apartment filled with shattered hope.  Those little things are the most important; they boost me, even if just enough to make it through the next hour until someone else comes and does the same.

Today was a hard day, but it helped me see just how blessed I am.

While I entered the beginning of what will probably be several hard days, Sheryl Sandberg was giving a speech at the Commencement ceremony at UC Berkeley specifically about making it through the hard days - the days that determine who you are (something which I am still deciding and promise I will post as soon as I have an idea).

For those of you who also are having a hard time, or know someone who is, please watch or share this video.  And feel free to share my posts.  Perhaps they will be as therapeutic to read as they are to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment