Thursday, January 12, 2017

#20 Anniversaries

2 years ago, and again today, I woke up earlier than I wanted to.

I got ready quickly, convinced that I was running late yet actually ahead of schedule.

I went outside. It was still dark. I moaned against the cold.

2 years ago, I was terrified that I would get lost. Today I drove on auto-pilot.

Back then, I walked into a building I didn't know and was surrounded by unfamiliar faces.

Now, I know the place. I continue on auto-pilot from the front door to my desk. I know everyone who sits around me.


Today was the two year anniversary of my first day at work. So much has happened in those two years. I started on a job on which I had no concept of what I was supposed to be doing and I felt terribly under-qualified. Now, I work in a role which didn't exist when I was hired, which I helped invent, and which I now have the opportunity to train others to do as well.

Today's miracle is the chance to look back and see what I've become in just two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment