Tuesday, January 17, 2017

#21 Warm Hugs

90% of the time, I don't like hugs. I know - I must be crazy - but I really don't like it when most people touch me.

But even for me, when I'm in the right mood and it's the right person giving the hug, a good hug is one of the best things in the world. Someone wraps you in their arms and you feel safe, protected, and warm. And considering it is currently 21 degrees outside, feeling warm is the best part.

For me, giving a hug is an expression of how much I care for another person. Perhaps that's why I dislike them most of the time; I feel like I'm getting them from people who don't really care about me. That and I start to feel claustrophobic. A good, warm hug is a miracle because it helps me to see the people around me who do care about me. They help remind me that I'm worth caring about.

And they keep me warm in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment