Monday, February 21, 2011

This Week!

February 20, 2011

This week was pretty exciting. To start with Monday. The four sisters in my district "went out for valentines" at a restaurant called the Green Mango, then we went to the plaza near our house and took pictures with the dinosaur statues there. I more of wanted pictures with the sisters and my companion, but having the dinos there was fun.

Tuesday was both good and bad. We did an unexpected exchange. Sister Adams and I, as the two Americans in the apartment, were asked to go fill out stuff for visas, or something like that. Anyways- we unexpectedly decided to maintain the exchange throughout the rest of the day. I had a ton of fun in the other area and seeing how someone else teaches and handles situations. Sister Adams happens to be on her last transfer- so I really just tried to learn as much from her as possible. That night I got home to find my companion very upset because she felt that I only wanted the exchange so I could spend time with the other sister and that I didn't like her. We had a very long conversation which resulted in me making the new goal of learning how to better show people that I love them so she never feels this way again.

Wednesday was a great day, so was Thursday and Friday. My companion and I were talking more, laughing more, just having a better time. I felt like I was working together with her, instead of just being with her.

The weekend took a downward turn, but that's because suddenly our investigators were all not home, and those who were weren't keeping commitments. It's kinda funny how fast things can flip around based on what the investigators are doing. At the same time though, there was a stronger since of unity between us, which I definitely think helped keep our spirits up through the difficult week.

No comments:

Post a Comment