Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Book of Mormon

February 27, 2011

I've always loved the Book of Mormon, but my appreciation for it has changed since I've been a missionary. Before I left for my mission I loved the Book of Mormon because of the things I learned from it. I loved it because it always held answers when I turned to it. I loved it because it helped me. I never noticed before how much it helps others.

Since being here I've come to recognize how much this book helps other people. We've visited people who look sad, worn out, and tired. People who ask us to stop asking them to read or go to church. People who believe that they don't have time for the church because their life is too busy already. I've seen these people change.

We had two young men who were always too busy, they had a million and one excuses as to why they hadn't read every time we came to see them. I'm not sure what we did to help them to start reading, but something we said or did convinced them to try. I've seen them change. It's a physical change, not just mental or emotional. They have more energy, they look happier, they've explained how they don't feel as tired anymore when they get home from work. Our challenge to them was to read a chapter a day and they are reading it so much faster than that- it's so cool! I love this book.

Till next week (sorry this one is short)

No comments:

Post a Comment