Thursday, January 30, 2014

1 am

It's 12:50.
I am too awake to fall asleep, but my roommates have gone to bed, no one to talk to.
I search for something more interesting than lying awake in bed.
And so I blog about my thoughts, the unusual conglomeration that occurs near midnight.

It's 12:54.
I finally found the pencil I lost 3 hours ago. It is being used to hold my hair in a bun.
It took me till now to realize that I forgot to eat dinner, I think this is the second time this week.
My blog has exactly 4400 page views, cool, no?

It's 12:58.
Isn't it strange, how I still say "no?" instead of "right?"
and "take care" instead of "good bye"
remnants of a language I spoke daily for over 2 years.

It's 1 am.
We are learning about poetry in my creative writing class.
Images and words float through my head like clouds, changing as they move.
And here I was, thinking I thought too much before. I think I think a great deal more now.
Another poem takes form in my mind.

It's 1:03.
And I find time in the silence to reflect on the past week.
It has been an incredible week. Nothing bad has happened! Nothing at all.
I was able to wear my favorite shirt yesterday and all my homework is done...almost.
I have 120% in one of my classes, if that isn't a confidence booster, I don't know what is.

It's 1:05.
With nothing else to do, I pause and remember,
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
Because I can still find peace, somewhere near midnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment