Monday, January 10, 2011

Additional Info

Hey this is Elora's Mom and here are a few items from our email I would like to share with you. From her first email from the Phillipines:

"First- I just want to let you know that I am in the philippines and I am still alive. 2nd- no freaking out allowed- somewhere between salt lake and manila one of my suitcases went missing, this happens to be the suitcase with most of my clothing in it. theoretically- it'll show up sometime in the near future. And fortunately one of the sisters in our apartment is about the same size and she is letting me borrow some of her clothes.
This week has been way stressful. I've lost my luggage, I don't know this language (literally, they don't speak Tagalog they speak Hiligayon, or hilikayon, I'm not sure how it's spelled), my trainer has only been in the field 3 months and really feels like she's inadequate for what she has been asked to do (and she's this adorable 5 foot Filipina who cooks amazing food, apparently she was originally terrified of having an american companion because she thought I wouldn't want to eat philippino food). but I'm doing good. stressed, but good. I know the lord is looking out for me and I know that somehow I will eventually know this language, I'm just not sure how long that will take."

I got this email the next day:

"I've just been informed that my luggage has been found and will be delivered to me this evening (it's not yet 6 pm here- monday night, if I'm doing the math right, I think it's sometime fairly early in the morning there) hopefully- all my stuff is still in it, I'm assuming it will be."

This means she was 6 days without her luggage!

This is part of the email I got this morning:

"The bugs here seem to like the taste of my blood, the American sister in my apartment recommended having you buy "oderless garlic" pills, it helps you naturally repel bugs, if you could buy those (if they aren't to pricey) and send them to me as soon as possible, it would be really really nice, I'm quickly getting tired of itchy legs. also- whenever you get around to sending me a package, include kit kats, please."

I guess the insect repellent she took with her isn't working!

No comments:

Post a Comment