Sunday, January 30, 2011

Some days are hard...

January 30, 2011

...but all days are worth it. Some times you walk all over Jaro and don't find a single person home, but the strangers on the street still wave and some even listen to your message when you offer it. I'm not sure what makes this work so much fun despite the exhaustion, rejection, and what not- but it is.

This will probably be short, I have less time than I thought.

Guess what! we moved this week.... no joke.

So- We received a text on Tuesday letting us know that we were moving. So- Thursday night we packed up and Friday morning we moved. It was really fun, and really cool how we are able to move so quickly from one place to another. The new house is really nice. It's a house with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. It's still in the process of becoming a decent living space, but it should be really nice once everything is organized. The biggest problem is that the previous apartment was partially furnished, so we don't really have any furniture. We do have mattresses though, and the bed frames are supposed to be delivered this afternoon!

Other exciting things that happened this week include interview with the mission president, a service project in an investigators fields pulling weeds, and getting sick. But have no worries- I am already getting better and today is p-day anyways, so I don't need to be topnotch till tomorrow.

Just a quick note to all of you- I miss you all so much. There is nothing greater than sharing the gospel with the whole world, but there are days when all your investigators cancel, your feet ache, and you've run to the end of your rope. These sort of days leave me really missing hugs from family, fresh baked rolls, and the ability to call and talk to whomever I wish. I'm glad that these things will all be waiting for me when I get home. Until then- I hope you are able to see the blessings from God in your lives as much as I can in mine. He's really given us so much.

This is really all I have time for, love you lots and hope this week goes well for you all.

Palangga Ko Kamo!

3 comments:

  1. ELORA!! ahem SISTER SALWAY!!!

    I'm glad to see that all is going well and that you are happy :) I hope you are loving it there! i'm glad to hear about your new place and hope that you get furniture soon! Thanks for all you have done :) you are great!

    -Nathaly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elora,

    I didn't realize that these comments would be forwarded to you. Had I known, I'd likely have commented more often. In any case, I'm sorry if you haven't received any of my letters yet, as my not having gotten any since you left indicates you may be in the same situation. I just wanted to make sure you knew that you are not forgotten and I've got another letter written to send to you tomorrow. Keep on being amazing!

    Love, Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Elora! Keep your chin up! You're amazing! thanks for the birthday wish! You're such a great friend! I miss you, but I'm glad you're being an awesome missionary! You're the best! <3
    Love ya!
    Melissa Nelson

    ReplyDelete