Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rainy!

March 6, 2011

This week was... RAINY! I know, I'm in the Philippines and my whole mission will be rainy, but this week was crazy. It rained almost constantly whenever we were outside for two days. I say whenever we went outside because the rain really did wait for us to go outside before it decided to pour. Pathways to several investigators were too flooded to use. For some of these investigators, we couldn't go because the entire field was flooded. Other investigators were reached by walking through the field beside the path, which had turned into a small stream for the day. Both days consisted of walking home in soaked skirts just as the rain decided to stop, and then promptly changing into our pjs. It was a wonderful adventure!

The week in general, though not as productive as I hoped it would be, was very adventurous. In our District Meeting on Monday our District Leader challenged us to try to think of our missions as adventures. Though I had always tried to maintain a positive outlook on my mission, I have never labeled it as an adventure before. Yet there is no other word to describe the fun we had wandering through the rain all Wednesday and Thursday.

That was my adventure of the week- tell me about yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment