Sunday, June 5, 2011

A few new pictures

June 5, 2011

Hello everyone! This week has been a very exciting week consisting of lotsa mud and even more rain. Summer (which never really showed up in my opinion) has now ended with daily rain and nightly storms. Almost every day consisted of finding a water pump somewhere so we could wash our feet off before actually visiting our investigator. I even lost my shoe a few times and had to balance in the mud on one foot while trying to reach behind me to pull my shoe out of the mud and get it back on my foot.

The week has also been filled with finding new investigators, there are so many people here who are searching for the truth. My favorite investigators are the ones we find who invite us in, tell us their life story, and then ask us who we are and why we are there. There is a family that we started teaching- they have so far heard the first lesson three times and we haven't gone any further than that. The first time we visited, only the mom was home, so we taught her the first lesson and she invited us to come back. The second time her oldest daughter was home so she actually asked us to review the first lesson with her daughter there as well. The third time her husband was also home (as well as the daughter again). So once again we taught the first lesson, it was nicely supplemented with comments from the mom and daughter who are now very familiar with what we teach.

The week ahead is looking to be very interesting. I'm excited to tell all of you about it next week!


The 50 years banner that hung on all the churches for the month of May, celebrating the 50 year anniversary of the church in the Philippines.


My desk, thought you might want to see what it looks like- this is after I organized it.


A giant banana that a member gave us!

Sorry- that's really all I've got time for, that's the most exciting stuff from the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment