Sunday, June 19, 2011

TRANSFER!

June 19. 2011

How are all of you? This week for me has been really great. I've (finally) been transferred. I spent 4 transfers in Jaro, the average is 3, so it's not like I spent that much time there. Now, I'm serving in Oton. I have a new amazing companion and am looking forward to a great transfer. It really is amazing just how fast time goes. I'm only in my second area and I realized that I'm going to pass my tunga day before this transfer ends. (tunga= middle, amidst, in between, among. We call our half way point our tunga day) I'm so excited though for the time I have left and my opportunity to work here in Oton for a while.

One thing I've really enjoyed about changing areas is recognizing again that I'm doing better than I think at the language. The language here is a slightly purer form of Hiligaynon because it is further in the city. (as you move further out, Karay-a gets mixed into the language. Imagine trying to learn the vocab for two languages at the same time). I've noticed the results of the work I put into the language as the members expressed surprise that this was my second area. Even my companion told me that I'm really good at the language. I still need to work on comprehension, but we've started making plans for how we can do that during language study. This is my first American companion, so I've actually got a companion who will sit and do language study with me for this transfer. I have a feeling that will also help me to improve this transfer. I'm so excited! I feel so very blessed to be where I am right now and I'm looking forward to getting to know the area, people, and my companion even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment