Sunday, June 16, 2013

Something for Dad

Today was an opportunity to ponder my father and the many things he has done for me throughout my life.  It was also a great opportunity to think of what I could do to show my appreciation for all that he has done.  While pondering these two things, I recalled a letter I received from him while I was still on my mission.  I would say the letter was so special I decided to keep it forever and blah blah blah... but I kept every letter anyone wrote me, so keeping this one wasn't anything unusual.  Despite this, the letter really did touch me and helped change the way I look at myself.

About the same time as all these thoughts, I decided to pick up my guitar and finish one of the many songs I've been writing.  Instead I started (and somehow managed to finish) a song based on the letter I received from my dad and decided to post it as a Father's Day gift for him.  (I should note, it is very loosely based on this letter, considering I received the letter over a year ago and didn't bring it with me to my internship.) 

Anyways, Happy Father's Day, to my dad and all the wonderful men in my life who have influenced it for the better.  Thank you for the positive influence you are having on the world and on me.

ps- I'm aware I avoided looking at the camera the entire time, it's awkward to be sitting all by yourself knowing you are being filmed and making mistakes and such.

1 comment: