Friday, February 14, 2014

For Those I Love...

Father,
I thank thee for those I love.  I am grateful for the raucous that we make with each grand idea we discover.  And how I appreciate cell phones, internet, and all that was once considered impossible so that I might hear the echos of distant adventures.  Father, I am grateful for those I share clothes with, who help me style my hair, and tell me I look beautiful as I prepare for a date.  And the way we leap in excitement upon seeing each other at the end of the day.  I thank thee that through them I might feel your love for me.

Father, I thank thee for the midnight discussions, curled on the couch and unable to sleep for the tragedies that have befallen.  I thank thee for the opportunities thou hast given me to dry damp cheeks and sit with another till watery eyes become clear again.  I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the trust thou hast in me, that I might be one who helps another.  And for the chance I have to pray for them, to suffer with them, to cry on their behalf. More than anything, I am grateful that I might be the one by which others feel thy love for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment