Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Thousand Miracles


The above quote is the cover of my journal.  When I pull it out to write, the quote reminds me to think of the miracles in my life, to record them so that I can remember them, and to be grateful for them. 

Unfortunately, much like my blog, my journal has been neglected.  The biggest miracle of my life was occurring and I was spending too much time enjoying it to write any of it down. 

Unlike my blog, I didn't return to my journal when I learned that the miracle wouldn't occur. I can justify being vague on my blog, since it is public. I can write what is occurring in the moment and only briefly mention the events that lead up to the moment. I feel as though I don't have the same excuses with a journal - that I ought to be specific regarding where I am now and how I came to be here. I've been afraid to reevaluate those wounds so my journal has gone untouched for 11 months.

And now I feel guilty for the miracles which I have failed to record...which makes me less eager to pick up my journal and attempt to write it all down. Vicious cycle.

Because there have been miracles.  So many miracles.

I've managed to sell two housing contracts within two weeks of realizing I needed to sell them. I've moved into a beautiful home. I've made wonderful friends in each new place I've lived.

I ran a half marathon (and trust me - with how often my training schedule was interrupted, this really was a miracle)

My family came to visit and I got to zip-line across a lake at 60 miles an hour.

I went on a road trip to Sweden and Norway (all recorded on my blog, but none of it made it into my journal).

My nephew is talking now and I always believe watching children grow is a miracle. Especially when I get cute videos of him saying things.

Point being - miracles happen every day and I want to make sure they are recorded.  So - here is my next big blogging project - A Thousand Miracles (in approximately a thousand days. I'm going to try and write daily but I know there will be days when that just doesn't happen. There will also be days when I need to write an epiphany or something and therefore won't write a miracle-specific post since I will have already done another post that day)

I will still share posts which are really meaningful and impactful to me, but to avoid clogging my Facebook feed - I will not be posting the links to all of them there. Feel free to visit occasionally to get caught up or follow the blog to be notified of new posts.

Each days is filled with miracles. I'm just going to tell you about one thousand of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment