Sunday, December 4, 2016

#10 I'm single for Christmas

Well...I guess the fact that I'm single isn't really a miracle...the miracle is rather realizing the blessings that come from being single for Christmas.  It's been tough for me to notice...

Some would claim that you no longer have to stress about what to get them - but I really enjoy thinking of and getting gifts for those I love.

So, you may be asking, "What is the blessing?"  For the last 3 Christmases, I have been in a relationship (different relationship each Christmas...). As Christmas break approached, the vacation always felt bitter sweet.  I was excited to see family, but not excited about a week or two without the guy I loved.  Conversations leading up to the break involved how often we would call and when we would both get back from separate vacations and be able to see each other again. I was excited for the vacation, but more excited to get back from it.

This year, I have no one that I'm leaving behind. The world is filled with snow and Christmas songs. I set up my tree - picking out all the ornaments myself.  I've got nearly all my gifts picked out.  And I am SO excited to go home for Christmas and see the people who love me.  Though I may not have the specific type of relationship I want, I still have so many people who love me.  I have found myself more in the Christmas Spirit than I have felt for years.

...that is, except when All I Want for Christmas is You comes on. I hate that song...

No comments:

Post a Comment