Thursday, December 8, 2016

#12 Lost and Found

The last week or so, I have developed the bad habit of coming home, checking the mail, and throwing the pile of newly received mail in one of several locations. Today's miracle reminded me that God cares about us, even when we are letting ourselves develop these types of bad habits.

As usual, I got home, checked the mail, dropped it somewhere...about an hour later, I remembered that one item of mail was a bill I needed to pay and should probably do so now before forgetting.

Remembering that I had this bill to pay also reminded me that over the last week or so, I have received a few bills I needed to pay. A subtle sense of panic set in - I had no idea where these bills ended up.

I wandered around my house picking up every pile of mail I could find, sorted it all out on the table, and by some miracle, found all of them (or at least all that I can remember...I really hope it's all of them). I couldn't find anything else that came with the bill - no newsletters or advertising or even the envelop they provide to send your bill back in. But each bill was there.

So - as miserable as paying bills might be, it is a miracle when you find them all and can pay them before the overdue date (and then set up auto-pay, which is a greatly appreciated miracle)


No comments:

Post a Comment