Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell...

Dear 2013,
We have come a long way together and shared so many memories.  It's true, I'll admit that I hated you sometimes, but every tough time was worth it in the end.  In this single, short year, we became better friends than I could have possibly expected.

Looking back, I'm reminded that, although the journey was not always easy, it was never more difficult than I could handle.  You helped me experience so many miracles.  There was adventure, excitement, and magic every step of the way.  But of course, that wasn't all.  Now that I've seen and experienced it all, I'm grateful for it.  What I have gained was worth any pain or fear that I experienced.  The adventures we faced helped me discover what was inside of me and taught me to hope again.  Thank you, for helping me to see it as well as you.

We are now going our separate ways, but I am not afraid.  What you  taught me will help me to continue.  This friendship lasted a long time, and because of it, I have become a better person, one who can look back with gratitude for the time we've had together.  I must now press forward without you.  As wonderful as our friendship was, the future is too wonderful to give up by trying to cling to the past.

Farewell, my old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment